UPDATED – due to the new General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
This Privacy Notice provides you with details on how we collect and process your information on our website.
1. WHO WE ARE
Wedding Daze comprising of Dawn Hutchison, Rebecca Meyer and Amber Wardle are the data controllers and are responsible for your personal data.
Full Contact Details:
D & T Directories T/A Wedding Daze
Tel: 07377 663969
Address: Wedding Daze, 175 Ashley Road, Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, BH14 9DL
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU & THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR THIS
When you use our site we may process the following data from you.
• Communication Data – when you contact us either via email, phone, through the contact form on our website or through any form of social media we may process store your data. We may process this data as means of keeping in touch, and in the case of legal claims (pursuing or defending). Our legal grounds for processing this data are so that we are able to communicate with anyone who has got in touch with us, in the case of legal claims (pursuing or defending) and to keep records.
• Technical Data – this includes any data on your use of our website, including your IP address, details about your browser, the length of time you spend on each page of our website, page views, where you visit our site from (e.g. Google or social media), details about the number of times you use our site, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. We process the data in order to analyse your use of our website and to analyse the effectiveness of our marketing strategies. Our legal grounds for processing this data are so that we are able to successfully administer our website, to grow our business and to effectively market our website.
• Customer Data – this includes any data relating to the purchase of goods/services, such as your business name, contact name, contact details, purchase details and card details. We process this data in order to successfully book and supply the goods purchased by you and keep records of previous purchases. Our legal grounds for processing this data are to abide by the contract agreed by you, or to enter into the contract at your request.
• Marketing Data – this includes any data regarding your marketing preferences. We process this data in order to successfully enable you to take part in any of our marketing strategies, e.g. exhibition promotion, or competitions for free admission, and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing strategies. If you have visited one of our exhibitions and have agreed for reputable and trusted companies recommended by us to contact you regarding the services you are still looking for your information will be sent out to them so they may contact you. We process this data in order to provide you with reputable companies who may be able to help you. We cannot however accept any responsibility for use of the data once it has been passed on. Our legal grounds for processing this data are to learn how our customers use our marketing material, to grow our business, to decide on our marketing strategies.
• We may use the data listed above to deliver (what we hope is) relevant content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts) and to learn about the effectiveness of our marketing strategies. Our legal grounds for processing this data are overall to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you.
Please note that we offer you the chance to opt out of receiving marketing information from us. Wedding Daze takes all measures possible to ensure that the contact you receive will be from reputable organisations. If you feel that any company contacting you has misused your details please let us know.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (e.g. by filling in forms on our website, by sending us emails or filling in forms at one of our exhibitions). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website.
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers e.g. Google, and advertising networks such as Facebook.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our legal grounds for processing your data to send you marketing communications is either due to your consent, or to grow our business.
In agreement with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations we may send you marketing communications if you have contacted us previously, purchased something from us, or if you have opted in to receive marketing information from us.
5. WE MAY HAVE TO SHARE YOUR DATA
In certain circumstances we may have to share your data with the following parties:
• IT service providers or administrators
• Legal advisors, such as lawyers, bankers and insurers
• Government bodies
We require all third parties with whom we share your data to respect the privacy and security of your data and to only use it in accordance with the law.
6. YOUR DATA IS SECURE
We have put in place measures to protect your personal data. These measures prevent your data from being accidently lost, misused, altered or accessed without permission. Only those who require to view your data will be authorised to see it, e.g. employees, partners.
If a data breach was to occur we have procedures in place to deal with these and will, if legally required to, contact you about any data breaches.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights when it comes to your data.
• The right to be informed
• The right of access
• The right to rectification
• The right to erasure
• The right to restrict processing
• The right to data portability
• The right to object
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can see more information here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Our site includes links from third party websites, and clicking onto these sites may allow third-parties to collect or share your data. We advise that when leaving our site, be sure to check the privacy policies of all sites you visit.